lek n : the basic unit of money in Albania
- to play
- t’lads are lekkin in t’park.
- courtship and display behaviour in a lek.
Usage notesThe Yorkshire dialect word is rarely written & is pronounced differently in the different Ridings of Yorkshire.
Nounlek g Albanian
- the local currency unit
- imperative of leka
- Also used as nickname for people and dogs (the little one).
EtymologyFrom English leg.
Lek may mean:
- Lek (mating arena), a type of animal territory in which males of a certain species gather to demonstrate their prowess before or during mating season
- Albanian lek, a form of Albanian currency
- Lek River, a river in the west of the Netherlands
- Lek, a form of Cardassian currency in the Star Trek fictional universe
- Lek (pharmaceutical company) (meaning: "Cure" in most Slavic languages), international pharmaceutical companyhttp://www.lek.si/, now part of Sandoz, originally established 1946. in Slovenia.
lek in German: Lek
lek in Spanish: Lek
lek in French: Lek
lek in Italian: LEK
lek in Dutch: Lek
lek in Norwegian: Lek (andre betydninger)
lek in Swedish: Lek (olika betydelser)